Topics of the day include: My thoughts on dead sea mud masks and other travel destination masks (including Iceland's Blue Lagoon), my marketing philosophy and how the current boom in the cosmetics industry affects everyone working in it, what is inflammation and why does it exist (also defining erythema, aka redness from inflammation resulting from dilation of capillaries in the skin), is there a UVA filtering film for cars, my ongoing experimentation with The Ordinary's products, my bizarre natural talent for selling skin care products and advice for estheticians who may struggle with sales, advice for anyone aspiring to work in medical aesthetics, my issues with using antibiotics to treat acne, a brief update on my experience taking the Halo supplements, and much more!
Super Chats are a great way to show that you appreciate the time and energy that go into these streams, and to make sure your question gets answered. You can also pre-submit livestream questions by becoming a supporter on Patreon!
Re: UVA filtering window film, make sure that you are complying with your local regulations for car window tints. These do come in clear films, and many states (here at least) don't allow tints on the front windows.
- Super Chat questions are guaranteed to be answered. (If they follow the guidelines below.)
- Please do not repeat the same question/comment over and over. Be respectful of others in the chat.
- I can't give specific product recommendations. I recommend fragrance/essential oil free products in general.
- There are no dumb questions, but there are good/bad ways to ask a question.
Good: "Is using coconut oil ok if I have acne?"
Bad: "How do I cure my acne?"
- I can't answer questions like "How do I fix my skin", or "What products should I use".
- Feel free to ask non-skin care related questions. Let's get to know each other!
- No toxic behavior of any kind will be tolerated.
- By participating in this chat, you acknowledge that I cannot be held liable should something bad happen as a result of me saying words. Talk to your doctor, yadda yadda.
Primer: Wet n Wild Photo Focus
Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow, Oslo, Fenty No Filt'r 110, CYO Lifeproof 101 (all mixed)
Concealer: Covergirl Trublend Undercover Concealer, 200 and 600
Powder: Cover FX Loose Powder, Translucent, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, Ethereal Light
Contour: Fenty Matchstix Amber
Bronzer: Tarteist Pro Glow v3 Palette
Highlight: J.Cat Bella Rose
Lips: Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss, Berry Light
Eyes: Huda Neon Obsession palette, Pink
Mascara: L'Oreal Unlimited waterproof
Brows: ABH Brow Wiz, Medium Brown, Hourglass brow gel, Soft Brown
Lashes: Ardell Baby Demi
(if you read all this, leave a cat emoji bc you're a cool cat.)
Hi, I'm Veronica, a CIDESCO certified, medically trained esthetician. As of 2018, I have been an esthetician for 15 years! My resume includes a famous LA plastic surgery center's medical spa, a five-star hotel, two of the most famous waxing institutions in Beverly Hills, and I have spent four years consulting with brands on R&D and marketing. My skin care philosophy may be a bit different than a lot of what you hear about on the internet, but it's based on many years of professional and personal experience and study. And my cats are cute.
If anything that I say is helpful to you, I would sincerely appreciate if you take a moment to like and share my videos!